A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Where Have They Gone?

I decided if I were going to start blogging again, I should probably clean up my page and while I was doing that, decided to go visiting some of the blogs I follow.  I ended up dumping two thirds of them.  Some were gone, but most hadn’t posted in over a year! Those blogs were far different from the ones  I’m noticing popping up all over these days.  Everything seems so scripted and staged.  It screams “I’m here for the sole purpose of making money”.  Not to mention that 99.9% of these newer blogs have some sort of annoying pop-up that assaults you just as you begin to read something interesting.  I hate that.  I get annoyed and close them, post haste and never even knew what they said or what it was trying to accomplish.  I can’t be the only one that dismisses them immediately. 

CraftRoomMorning

Note to self:  Never put that on my blog. 

I’ve not worked for the last three days.  We had a very wet storm this past weekend and my job is adversely affected by weather.  I drive a side dump in the construction field and when it’s overly wet, sometimes we don’t work.

Truck

I’m not complaining at all.  I’ve had a chance to work on my blog and some other things around the house. But, I’m really excited for some warmer weather!  I’ve got Zinnias ready to plant.  Zinnias and Gerbera Daisies are my favorite flower, but I find Zinnias much easier to grow.

Zinnias

I’m trying my hand at starting some sweet potato vine this year…..

SweetPotato

so I can make one of these with some coleus snips I’ve got rooting.  Last year, I saw a  lot of planters put out by the cities and towns with this lovely green vine and I didn’t know what it was.  I did a little Google-ing and found out that it’s just some sweet potato vine.  Who knew?

ColeusVine
~Deb
Post a Comment