A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Monday, July 9, 2012

Going Home-The High Park Fire

To clear up any confusion, the fire didn’t affect my main house.  This is my SO’s childhood home where he currently lives and where we spend family time in the summer.

I took my first trip to the mountain on the 4th of July to see the damage done to our quiet little mountain community following the High Park Fire.  I’ll be adding more videos later on as I get them all together between my camera and SO’s camera.  I’m not a professional videographer, so bear with the quality, or lack thereof! 

 

 
Below are a series of stills I took on my way up and down.   I wanted to note that the pictures with the all blackened trees was such an eerie site.  It reminded me of something out of a horror movie, but fortunately, there weren’t a lot of areas like that right next to the road.  A lot of this was set back in the wilderness.
 
The piece of wood with the writing on it was was found down by our creek.  The firemen must have left it there.
 
The photos show some of the homes of our neighbors that were burnt down.
 
 
 

I’ve got more pictures and video to post once I get it rounded up and then I want to get back to the renovation and show you what I’ve been up to around here!

AFFNSignature

Post a Comment