A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Gosh It’s Been a Minute

I am just totally oblivious sometimes about how long I go between posts.  I left you with a rant last time and then……PLONK!  I do apologize.  
I have taken up my paintbrush once again and started up the stairs.  Before I show you that, here’s the “finished” living room.  I say “finished”, because there are some accessories that I feel this room needs.  Like some new pillows for the couch and what not. 
I have also not done a very good job with the picture taking.  I get halfway through a project and forget that I didn’t take a before picture.  Then I forget to save the original pictures.  I must try to be better at that.
LivingRoomAfter
LivingRoomAfter-a
LivingRoomAfter-b
I didn’t take a picture of the other side of the room, because it’s hard to take a picture into a sunny window.  But I did get a fairly good shot of my new valance.  I love the texture and the fringe.
Valance
LivingRoomAfter-c
From Whence We Came
LivingRoomBefore
This is the other side of the room and I am not happy with this.  It’s too light in comparison to the other side.  So, I’m going to repaint this mirror and shelf, black.  I also don’t like the topiary there, so that’s gone now.  The room is just out of balance. 
LivingRoomAfter-c


AFFNSignature
Post a Comment