A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Saturday, February 11, 2012

It’s Finally Done!

 

I am exhausted, but happy!  My kitchen is finally finished except for a couple of minor things.  I still need to get a new range hood and will be removing the shelf.

Here is where it all began.  Click on the photos for a larger view.  This was the first photo I posted of the kitchen when I first bought the house.  YUCK!

0001

This is some of what I had to contend with .  The previous owners weren’t big on maintenance or cleanliness.

0002

I almost ripped these tiles off the wall. As a matter of fact, I did rip off a couple behind the microwave (not shown) and of course, it took some of the wall with it. Since I am not made of money, I decided to give cleaning them a shot and I was pleasantly surprised at the result!  I scrubbed them down, bleached the grout and then I scraped out the old caulking and put down a new bead and it looks great!  I also brought the wall color down on the top edge of the tile.

0003

I spent about 4 days with this!

0008

And finally, I reached the finish line!  ::THUD::

0004

 

0005

 

0006

 

0007

At some point in the future, I may redo the countertops and I will definitely be redoing the floor at some point, but I must say that I’m very happy to live with this kitchen for a long time!

Keep in mind that EVERYTHING you see here was done with 2 gallons of paint and one can of spray paint.  That is ALL I spent on this project.

AFFNSignature

Post a Comment