I am exhausted, but happy! My kitchen is finally finished except for a couple of minor things. I still need to get a new range hood and will be removing the shelf.
Here is where it all began. Click on the photos for a larger view. This was the first photo I posted of the kitchen when I first bought the house. YUCK!
This is some of what I had to contend with . The previous owners weren’t big on maintenance or cleanliness.
I almost ripped these tiles off the wall. As a matter of fact, I did rip off a couple behind the microwave (not shown) and of course, it took some of the wall with it. Since I am not made of money, I decided to give cleaning them a shot and I was pleasantly surprised at the result! I scrubbed them down, bleached the grout and then I scraped out the old caulking and put down a new bead and it looks great! I also brought the wall color down on the top edge of the tile.
I spent about 4 days with this!
And finally, I reached the finish line! ::THUD::
At some point in the future, I may redo the countertops and I will definitely be redoing the floor at some point, but I must say that I’m very happy to live with this kitchen for a long time!
Keep in mind that EVERYTHING you see here was done with 2 gallons of paint and one can of spray paint. That is ALL I spent on this project.