A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Sunday, March 27, 2011

This Week’s Thrifty Finds

I finally got a chance to get out to a few of my favorite thrift stores this Saturday.  I didn’t find as many things as I would have liked, but I did find a few things that I’m just in love with and will be putting in my Etsy shop later today.

Here’s my most favorite.  This is a vintage Homco (Home Interiors) oval wicker look frame with a gorgeous pansy watercolor print under the glass.  The frame was originally white and someone painted it this most lovely shade of turquoise aqua and we love that!  I don’t often find things that are ready to go like this.  I took it apart and gave it a good cleaning and it is just absolutely beautiful!

pansies-a

pansies-b

pansies-c

The second item I found is a vintage Montgomery Ward double bed sheet with a border just about the same color as the picture frame.  I am a connoisseur of vintage linens and I’ve never seen this particular pattern or color set.  I normally buy vintage linens to use as cutters to make  other items or fat quarters, but I just can’t bring myself to cut this one.  I will sell it as a whole piece.

sheet-a

sheet-b

sheet-c

Lastly, is some of the prettiest china pieces I’ve come across in a while and especially in the form of berry bowls and dessert plates.  These are made by the US pottery maker, Sebring.  It’s from the Goldenware line  in the June Rose pattern.  They are a cream color with 22K gold edging and a lovely cabbage rose design in the center.  There are 4 berry bowls and 4 dessert plates.

dishes-a

dishes-b

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and are relaxing on this Sunday afternoon.

AFFNSignature

Post a Comment