A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Soap Box Moment

I can’t remember if I’ve ever used this blog as political platform, but I saw something on TV this morning that just annoyed the stuffing out of me.  I fell asleep last night with the TV on and woke this morning to Inside Edition and heard them talking about Rush Limbaugh ranting on Michelle Obama because she ate ribs on a ski vacation she took with her girls to Colorado, my home state.

Firstly, it makes me wretch to hear him call her “Michelle My Belle”.  That is SOOOO disrespectful to the First Lady.  I know that we all make snide comments about the people in politics that we don’t particularly care for, but Rush Limbaugh has made a career out of sarcasm and half-truths and he makes his remarks publically.  Talk about no substance!  This man is severely suffering from a lack of material and is lowering himself to new levels of cheap.   

I am a registered republican and have been a conservative for years, but I do NOT want this guy representing me.  He’s a clown.  Is he so desperate to stay afloat that he is reduced to ragging on the First Lady about what she eats? 

Limbaugh said,

“I’m sure you’re aware that nutritionist-at-large Michelle Obama is urging, demanding, advocating, requiring what everybody can and can’t eat. She is demanding that everybody basically eat cardboard and tofu. No calories, no fat, no nothing — gotta stop obesity. Except as in the case of all leftists, that’s true for you, but not for them.”

Uh-hem….first of all.  POT-KETTLE-BLACK!  Evidently Rush has missed Mrs. Obama’s awesome figure.  I’d kill for those guns!  Obviously she takes very good care of herself and is the picture of health.  She definitely has the credentials to speak about good nutrition. 

He went on to say,

“First Lady Michelle Obama should watch her diet because she's not exactly a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model.

Really?  As if she should be!  As if she’s trying to be!  Surely he’s not suggesting that she’s fat and out of  shape?

Rush…..you’re circling the drain, my dear.

AFFNSignature

Post a Comment