A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fat Quarters

My gosh it’s been a while since I posted.  I’ve been super busy working on my websites, blogs, Squidoo lenses and all of that.  I’ve also been making bunches of things for my Zazzle store. 

That said, I’ve made yet another decision for the sake of time.  Something I don’t seem to have enough of these days.  I need to do things quicker and that means I don’t have the time to sit and make things as much as I’d like.  So, I’m going to starting working with supplies for other crafters to use.  I’ll still make things here and there as I can, but I want to start focusing on supplies for others to use,  and on vintage items that I find in my travels.  I think this is a good fit for me right now as long as I’m forced to work a full time job outside the home.

So, here’s the first thing I’m working on and will be putting in my Etsy shop soon.  Fat Quarters.  I have tons of vintage fabrics.  More than I’ll probably ever use myself, because I keep bringing more and more of  it into the house.  I began cutting these yesterday and will be putting some nice coordinating bundles together. 

GEDC0436

 

GEDC0437

 

The pretty trim below is from a pair of vintage pillowcases.  I love old trims and will also be offering these up as well.

 

GEDC0439

 

GEDC0440

 

GEDC0441

I think these vintage linens make wonderful quilts.  They’re soft, a bit worn and feel wonderful next to the skin.  Not to mention how gorgeous they’ll look in your vintage or shabby cottage décor.  

 

AFFNSignature

Post a Comment