A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fun With Contact Paper

You remember this stuff?  The vinyl with a sticky backing that you use on shelves and what-not?  I hadn’t used this stuff in years, but while I was out shopping this weekend, I came across this nice striped pattern that really charmed me.  I had been wanting to cover the shelves in my linen closet with something pretty that was also practical and easy to wipe down.  The painted wood of the shelves is a little rough, so I decided to use this Contact paper on them.  I am very pleased with how it came out.  This pattern has a vintage feel to it and I love the pink and browns together.

CP-0005

 

CP-0006

 

CP-0007

I decided to use some of it to fancy up the drawer in my vanity table.  I relined the drawer bottom and then the top and bottom of a nice box I had to use as dividers for the drawer.  I love boxes and am kind of a packrat when it comes to that.  They’re so handy for storage and fun to pretty up.

CP-0001

 

CP-0002

 

CP-0003

 

CP-0004

So, if you’re looking for a fast and easy inexpensive fix up for your drawers or shelves, this might be for you too.  I have some of the paper left over and have a few ideas for some other projects.  It might be pretty to to take and cover some shoe boxes for storage in my craft room. 

If you decide to try it, I’d love to see what you come up with!

Now, I’m off to visit some of you.

AFFNSignature

Post a Comment