A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Oh Gosh, Where Have I Been?

I have totally neglected my duties here, haven’t I?  That should be changing right about now.  The retail giant has gone to sleep for yet another year….Black Friday is behind us.  WHEW!

How was your Thanksgiving?  Ours was quiet and uneventful.  No mishaps this year, such as the time I forgot to put sugar in the pumpkin pie, or the time I totally forgot to make mashed potatoes.  Everything came off without a hitch.

The only thing that was somewhat disappointing was my dislike of the food I have always loved.  If you remember, I went on the South Beach diet last January and lost 40 pounds.  In order to do so, I drastically changed the way I eat and hadn’t touched a white potato or a serving of gravy in 11 months.  I was so looking forward to this meal, as I had told myself that dieting was off for just that one day.  I loaded up my plate like I always have and commenced to pigging out.  I got about half way through and had to stop, because I just wasn’t liking all that heavy, carb laden food.  My mind and body have become accustomed to a healthier menu and I hate to refer to the Thanksgiving meal in such a way, but I found it…well….disgusting.  It took me half a plateful to realize it.   Needless to say, I sent almost all of the leftovers home with my guests, save the turkey and vegetables I had made.  I still like turkey sandwiches with Miracle Whip and cranberries.  Thank you Jesus.

Rolling on the floor laughing

My eldest son and his girlfriend spent the day with her family, but did come over in the evening for pie and coffee.  They brought me a little gift bag from Starbucks.  Ariann (aforementioned girlfriend) is a shift manager at Starbucks and gets for pick of the new things that come in, so she brought me this!

Huxley

The mouse is part of a little series of mice that Starbucks is coming out with.  His name is Huxley.  He’s adorable.  I LOVE the coffee mug.  It doesn’t have a handle and is wrapped in a thick felted wool cozy with a big red button.  Have used it daily since.  And of course,  ANY coffee from Starbucks puts me over the moon.  This Thanksgiving Blend is delicious!

So, the rush is on to get ready for Christmas!  During all of this, my daughter moved out on her own and I’m now an empty nester.  I have acquired another bedroom that is bigger than my current craft room/office/sewing room.  I am working on repainting her old room and will be moving everything into that room and turning this room into a guest room.  I am really excited about this and I think it will get my creative juices flowing again.

Before I go….DON’T FORGET TO GET IN ON THE GIVEAWAY!  The link is up there^,

Winking smile


Post a Comment