A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Monday, October 18, 2010

Thrifty Finds & Pumpkin Fun

It was a the loveliest of weekends! Saturday was full of thrifting fun as my daughter and I took off for our favorite thrift store across town.  It’s about a 25 mile drive, but always worth the trip. Saturday is 50% off everything in the store.

I found some great stuff, and as usual, I am fighting with myself about keeping things or putting them in my Etsy shop as is the intention when I purchase things.  Such a Dilemma!

However, there was never any question that I’d be keeping this.  I love all white china and have begun a collection starting with this piece.  I can’t believe someone gave this away.  It is footed and has a lovely fall-ish design on it with the large central sunflower.  I am in love with this!

dish-a

dish-b

dish-c

dish-d 

Here’s the item that I can’t make up my mind about.  To sell or not to sell?  I only paid $1.00 for this!  I bought it to sell,  but when I got it home, I realized that it went perfectly with my new color scheme in my living and dining room area, so I am completely on the fence about this.  I love the amber color of this vintage pitcher.

pitcher

The other item I can’t decide if I want to keep or sell is this adorable kitchen utensil jar with its retro cherry motif.  This is so cute and I could use it in my kitchen.  What’s a girl to do?

cherryjar

And last, but not least, I found another of these adorable baby planters that are so collectible right now.  For some reason, this particular thrift store almost always yields one of these for me.   I never seem to find them anywhere else.  Weird, huh?  I will put this in my shop.

lamb

On the personal side…

We took my grandson to the punkin’ patch and the corn maze on Sunday.  We had a great time and Mason enjoyed it so much.

PP-a

Dad chasing Mason through the punkins

PP-b

Mason’s first introduction to goats.

PP-c

 

PP-d

Making friends.

PP-e

Hay!!

PP-f

  Dad, Mason & Mom taking a break.

PP-g AWWWWW!

 

It was a fun filled weekend for sure.  But, it’s Monday again.  ::sigh::  Back to work.

Hope you all had a great weekend, too.  I’m off to visit some of you before work.

TTFN

 

Post a Comment