A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Happy Fall Y’all

I think it has finally arrived.  That time of year that I know I love and I’ll bet you do too!  My lawn is already blanketed in fall leaves and I almost turned on the furnace this morning.  It was crisp, to say the least.

I’ve spent my weekend thus far doing fall-ish things.  One being a little indoor decorating.  I decided to paint my white cast iron candlesticks black.   After they were dry, I sat wondering what to do with them, because they had pink flowers and white pillar candles in them before and that just wouldn’t look right.  So, I thought it would be cute to lay some silk fall leaves in the bottoms and put a couple of miniature pumpkins in them.  It looks really great, I must say!

fallsconce

fallsconce-b

I liked them so much that I decided to make a fall themed graphics for my blog out of the photos. 

fallsconce-a

I have an old Indiana glass, oval footed bowl that I put some beaded pumpkins into for the coffee table and that looks very nice as well.

fallbowl

I picked up a pile of pine cones (say that three times fast) on my last trip to the mountain and I’m planning to make a big wreath out of them and I want to paint it a pretty shade of French Country yellow before I add the some finishing touches to it.  I’ll post pics when I get it done. 

I’ve also begun the arduous task of going through my massive collection of magazines and cutting out the things I love most so  I can start a glue book.  I have just GOT to get rid of all these magazines and still preserve the things in them that I love most, so it’s a wonderful alternative to keeping the whole thing.  Most of them are Country Living and Victoria

gluebook-a

gluebook-b

gluebook-c

Doncha love those hanger covers?

I’m off to visit some of you now.  I hope you’re having a peaceful and creative weekend yourself.

Deb  

Post a Comment