A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Saturday, July 31, 2010

New Things on Etsy

Hello, everyone.  I am back and feeling a bit more rested and organized.  I spent a good part of the week clearing clutter out of my house.  I’ve been Freecycling like crazy.  Have given away a lot of things and still going at it.  Today, I am boxing up old papers and throwing away the stuff that I don’t need to keep anymore.  My shredder is getting a workout!

I’ve also been putting things in my Etsy shop and here are some of them.  Click the pictures for further details.

image

Vintage Butter Dish~Holt Howard-ish

image

1961 Holt Howard Reindeer Candlesticks

image

Vintage Ceramic Floral Lamp Piece Repurposed Into a Candle Holder

image

Handmade Girl’s Baby Booties~Vintage Fabrics

image

Vintage Avon Avonshire  Lidded Candle Compotes

Looks like Wedgewood or Jasperware

I’ve got a bazillion other things that I could probably put on Etsy, but it really is quite a bit of work, so I will most likely only Etsy the really good stuff.

I’ve been feeling like the walls are closing in on me around here and that could have a lot to do with why I’ve been feeling so scattered and torn creatively.  It’s amazing how much our surroundings can affect our mood.  When your STUFF starts to control you, it’s time to pare down and that’s exactly what I’m doing.  I’ve done it before, but this time it’s MAJOR.   The thrift is coming next Friday and they’ll be shocked to see how much stuff they’ll be loading up this go ‘round.  It feels good though.  Very cathartic for me.

So, it’s good to be back and I hope you’re all having a wonderful weekend. 

Blessings,  Deb

Post a Comment