A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Monday, May 10, 2010

Baby Tears and Mother's Day

Greetings to all of my readers!  I hope your weekend and your Mother's Day was as wonderful as mine.  My kids took me out for dinner on Friday night and we had a wonderful time.  We chose Friday night, because if you've ever gone to a restaurant on Mother's day, you know what an unpleasant thing that can be with all the crowds.

Sunday was lovely as well.  I went to Welby Gardens on Saturday and picked up my bedding plants and we planted them on Sunday after church as a family.  I love gardening!  Getting my yard all prettied up in the spring is one of my greatest joys! I am a little worried though.  The news says we may get snow on Tuesday night and I pray it doesn't wreck my plants.  Especially the gorgeous Geranium I just planted in one of my pots (photos coming soon).  If the pot weren't impossible to lift, I might bring it inside.  Maybe I can just cover it.  We'll see.

I am really excited to share a photo of one of the things I bought at the nursery.  A houseplant that I've wanted for a long time and I never expected to see one so lovely and mature as this!  I also paid $25.00 for it, which I've never paid for a houseplant. 


I had to have it!  It is full and thick like this all the way around.  My daughter says it looks like someone's hair, so here's her contribution to this post.



I hope you're all enjoying your day.  I am on a bit of a break from making things for my Etsy shop.  It is spring and there's so much to do around the homestead.  But I will get to it soon.


Post a Comment