A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Humble Beginnings

I told you a bit ago that I was looking for a fresh look for my home for the new year and that I was moving in the direction of French Country.  I am slowly beginning the process by picking things up here and there as I find them, but much of it is intentional.  I want this process to be a little more controlled than the evolution my home has gone through in past years.  Take this rooster, for instance.  I got it at Hobby Lobby and I searched every inch of that store looking for just the right one.  They had roosters of varying materials, sizes and colors.  I didn't' want one that was too large, because my kitchen and dining area isn't palatial by an means, so scale was a concern.  Price was a huge consideration and a deal breaker as well.  They had some that were $75.00 and up that were nice, but I wasn't gonna spend that kind of money. 

So, after looking high and low, I found this one.  It's made of resin and stands about 15" tall.  I really like it and it looks nice paired up with the few red transferware pieces I have. 


Of course, the current wallpaper in that nook has to go.  I'll most likely do a toile, but can't decide yet if it should be black or blue.

The while linens will also be replaced.  I found a wonderful red gingham with the larger 2" squares that I'm going make into a runner for this area.

I also found these great knobs at Hobby Lobby.  I just realized that I should probably straighten them up.  ::smile::



So, these are the humble beginnings of my journey and I'll take you along with me as I complete things.



Post a Comment