A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Machine Embroidery

OK, I've had this awesome Singer sewing/embroidery machine for about 5 years now and have used the sewing part a lot. When I first got it, I had a ball messing with the embroidery part. I collected tons of designs, but I always wanted to learn to digitize my own designs and let me tell you, it's no easy task to learn. I bought a program on eBay called Embroidery Magic 2, which was the least expensive of all the programs I considered buying. I didn't want to invest a lot of money until I made sure I really wanted to pursue it.




Well, I hit a brick wall when I first opened the program to start using it. :-0 I'm usually pretty good at figuring out programs, but this one boggled my mind. So, I ended up spending another $50 for a tutorial manual and DVD's. I procrastinated on that for a long while, too. I'm all set now, right? Wrong. It's very involved and the tutorials are quite lengthy.


However, I will not be deterred! I really want to learn this, so I'm going to begin this weekend with the tutorials and get down to some serious business. I want to incorporate some of my own digitized designs into my projects. I have some great ideas in my head and I WILL bring them to fruition. I figure if I can master Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro, then I can do this.

So, with that said...if I seem to disappear for a while, you can bet I'm working on some great new things to offer up!





Post a Comment