A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Take

What a wonderful Saturday of thrifting! I drove to my favorite thrift store, which is about 35 miles away from where I live, and as usual, it's always worth it! I found some of the yummiest vintage linens I've ever found in one trip! There were actually two of the ones with the big pink daisies, so I kept one to actually use on my bed. The other will be sold off either whole or in fat quarters. What do you think would be best to do with it?

The pillowcases on the top of the stack are brand new and have never been used! They're king size and just gorgeous. Not sure what I'll do with those yet.




This sheet has such a lovely design on it. Very unusual and I'm sure I'll feel a little angst over parting with it should I decide to.



I also found this adorable vintage baby booty planter. These seem to becoming very popular as of late, but I've always adored these vintage ceramic pieces. This one has no cracks or chips, but does show the beginnings of crazing, which I actually like, because it's part of the patina of great vintage ceramics.



I know it's only the middle of August, but now is the time to start thinking about the holidays. So, in that spirit, I dug out these ornaments that I started painting on last year so I can finish them up. These are gorgeous on a white tree! I'll be selling these 2 at a time and will let you know when they go up in my Etsy shop.




Post a Comment