A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Sunday, April 5, 2009

A Treat for Me

The kids have moved to their new apartment and my daughter has gone away for a week to her friend's home in another city. I am loving this!

I've spent most of the weekend getting things back in order around here. I shampooed my carpets, scrubbed the kitchen floor, cleaned both bathrooms, dusted everywhere and did a lot of just general straightening. My house is clean and pretty once again!

They moved on Friday, so when I got home from work, my living room was vacant and I could make all the noise I wanted. I was so anxious to get things cleaned up that I stayed up and did some of it that night. ::chuckle::

My eldest son came over this morning to see my like he does most Sundays and he said the house looked really nice and clean and he was happy that I was so happy.

I treated myself yesterday, too. I worked 10 hours of overtime last week and so I decided to go ahead and get the new TV that I've been wanting. I got an HDTV and I'm giving my other TV to the kids for their new place. I have two new converter boxes and am giving them one in case they can't get cable right away.

One of the first things I noticed about this new TV is NO GLARE from windows during the day, or lamps at night. It looks great in any light and the picture is so sharp and the colors so vivid. It really is a different experience. So, if you can, get one. You'll love it!

Now that life is back to normal, and I have shed all the interruptions, I can get back to creating things. I had hoped to have my newest graphic collection done by now, but have had too many distractions. I hope to get that done soon. I know I keep saying that, but I am really trying to complete it soon.

Not much else to report, so I'll leave you now and go visit some friends and settle in to watch my favorite Sunday night TV shows.

Cheers!



Post a Comment