A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Seamstresses Keepsake

This old sewing machine belonged to my grandmother and both she and I actually  sewed with it before the cord turned up missing and the wooden cabinet fell apart.  I kept the remnant around my house for years and it spent most of its time in the bottom of my closet as I was at a loss as to what to do with it and I didn't want to just get rid of it either.

One day I ran across it when I was on a decorative painting binge and I finally realized that a paint job was just what it needed.  What a great decorative piece for those of us who have a passion for sewing.








Post a Comment