A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Saturday, April 25, 2009

He Found His Toes!!

OK, ya'll are probably bored with these pictures, but I just can't resist sharing this awesome little guy with the world.  How cute is this!  I laid him down on my bed and he stuck his little legs up in the air and grabbed those toes!  So cute I can't stand it!  




As you can tell, I LOVE being a grandma. I get to enjoy all this awesomeness and give him back to mom when he's cranky. ::BIG SMILE::

OK, on to things that might interest you more......

New Browser:

I am now using the Opera web browser exclusively. I tried it once a few years ago and ended up going back to IE and then Firefox. Both of those in their current versions are just way too slow for my taste, so I thought I'd give Opera another try. It's FAST and I just love most everything about it. So, if you're sick of IE and/or Firefox, give this a try. OH, and be sure to get the Twitter widget. It lets you Tweet right from your browser instead of having to go to the site and log in.  

My E-zine:

I'm going to be starting something new tomorrow re: my blog here. Since I don't get to update as often as I'd like with new crafty things for my online marketplaces, I thought it would be nice just to take you on sort of a tour of my home and the things I love and cherish. I will do this with postings of various places and things around my home that I think you might enjoy seeing. That way, there's actually something of interest here for those looking for new cottage style ideas. I hope that you'll leave me some feedback on it as I go along. I did this a little bit on my old blog and I think it's a good thing to do over here.

FreeCycle:

If You've never heard of FreeCycle, you should check it out. It's basically a network of Yahoo e-mail groups that target specific cities and towns around the country where people can post things they have to give away, or post requests for things they need, all for FREE.

I was a little hesitant at first, because I didn't want to get bombarded with with e-mail, but it hasn't been bad at all.  Some days there are no posts and other days, maybe 3 or 4 is all.  I've already gottena few really good things for free and tomorrow my son is going over to a place to pick up about 2 cubic yards of red cedar mulch for my flower beds.  This stuff is really expensive, so I am over the moon about getting it for free!

So, tomorrow I'll start posting some yummies for ya to kind of fill in the spots where I'm so bombed with work that I don't have any new goodies made up.

See ya tomorrow!


Post a Comment