A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Monday, November 24, 2008

Unfinished, But Here It Is!

I am so impatient, can ya tell?? I should just do like most and wait until the project is actually complete before unveiling it to the world, but I just can't help it!! I guess perhaps I'm soliciting opinions before it's complete.

This is going to be a baby shower gift that I'll be selling. The "nest" will hold a pair of handmade baby booties. I just know that there's a mom to be out there who would just die out to get this as a gift. I know I would!

This is a fold out card that I've had for years and years and it just hit me one day that this would be so cool as a crown of sorts. But how to make it keep its shape? Hmmmm I cut out a cardboard round and glued the card along the edges. I covered the bottom with a piece of sheet music and then I shredded some more sheet music pages to make the nest bedding.

The pink ribbon is from a vintage prom dress. I'll probably add some German glass glitter to this as well.



I'll be adding something to the bottom edge to give it a nice finish. Probably some string beads.





Here's a spot to put a name or whatever you might want to write on this little journaling block.







I think this is going to be adorable when its finished and I'll be sure to post a photo then. Leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Cheers!
Post a Comment