A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Push Me-Pull Me

Hello, all!

Yes, it's the weekend and as usual, I'm trying to cram a lot of stuff into two days before making the "pilgrimage back to Mecca", as I call it, and return to work on Monday. I call it that, because I work at the Kmart Distribution Center and the distance from the front door to the receiving dock, is a quarter mile. Upon arrival, there is a rather large platform upon which the powers that be oversee the goings on of us, the workers. This is Mecca. Regardless of how I make it sound, it is a good job and I love everyone I work with, except for one person, but we won't go there. Our supervisors are fabulous to work for and show appreciation for what we do in so many ways.

So, I went on a massive grocery shopping trip today. I've been a frugal nut lately and and decided it was worth going to three stores, all within close proximity of each other, to get the best bargains. King Soopers had a sale on milk, $1.97 a gallon, so I bought 4 and will freeze two. Yes, you can freeze milk, but you must shake it up well after you thaw it out. This is the best time of year to buy produce as well. Everything fruit and veggie was on sale today. OH how I wish you could freeze lettuce and other leafy greens successfully. We got corn 10 for $1.00 and had it for dinner. It was yummy!

The only crummy...crumby????....thing this weekend is that I have SO many ideas swimming around in my head, that I can't seem to make a move to start any of them. It's almost like being paralyzed. Your mind says move, but you can't. Ever feel like that??? Like right now, I'm sitting here staring at the materials I pulled out of my stash to start making some checkbook covers and I can't seem to get beyond that. Hopefully, tomorrow, I'll be able to get started. I just need to focus on one thing at a time. I just get so excited about my ideas that I want to do them all at once and end up doing none of them. Gotta stop that!

The Hallmark channel was showing the Sarah, Plain and Tall series today and I did enjoy watching those. I love movies and books about the Pioneer days. I have many of the Laura Ingalls Wilder books and have read them all, even though they're geared toward the younger readers, I just love them.

Jim is finally getting some physical therapy. The therapist who came to the house for the first time the other day was just astonished that he hadn't been getting PT all along. I was pushing for this too, but it never seemed to happen. He is getting better and stronger every day, but he still has a way to go. He ended up having to stay on the IV antibiotics for another week, because the infectious disease dr. and the plastics dr. can't seem to get their ducks in a row and have a conference to discuss what's next. Jim says that if they don't decide by the time this round is over, he's going to stop it on his own. He's sick of it and I don't blame him. He wants the PICC line out and he said he'll take it out himself if he has to. I don't advise that, but I can certainly understand it.

The weather here has been absolutely lovely. Around 75 each day and very mild and pleasant. I love this time of year. The leaves are changing and it's just beautiful! We're supposed to get rain tomorrow and I could go with that.

Some of you may have wondered about our financial situation, since I haven't talked about it in a while. I am happy to say that it's all sewn up and over with. We are debt free except for my car and regular bills. It's busy season at work and I'm getting quite a bit of overtime, so it looks like, God willing, that 2009 will be a much better year. My internet marketing thingo is picking up, too! Can't give a lot of details on that, because it's one of my closely guarded secrets, but it's getting better. OH, and I also got a raise at work on my one year anniversary.

Ahhh, am I forgetting anything? Hmmm, not sure, but I guess that's it for now.

Cheers!


Post a Comment