A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Strawberries & Eggs

Hmmmm, I'm blogging a lot lately, huh? That's a good sign, I suppose. Must mean life is settling down a little. As some of you know, my life has been miserable this year with my husband's illness, but as each day goes by, he gets better and better.

I've always wanted to make some of these strawberries and I finally found a pattern for them. Here's my first one. Pretty cute, eh? I had these tiny doilies that are perfect for the tops and the button colors are so pretty.











I spent some of the day crafting, but most of it went to laundry. I normally do laundry on Saturday, but you know what I spent all day doing yesterday.

I fear that I don't have too many days left for hanging clothes on the line. Even in the heat of the day it took a bit longer for the clothes to dry this time. I'm really gonna miss that, too, because the smell of laundry dried outside...to ME...is one of life's greatest pleasures.

I do love this time of year though. I am not a summer person and I'm a winter person for about a nano second until everything turns that ugly winter brown and there's death all around you. I pretty much become a cold-footed bitchy pants until spring.


I'm also working on some of my hand painted eggs for my Etsy shop. I don't normally do these until spring, but I don't see why they wouldn't be lovable any time of the year. They are so fun to do and I love the pastel colors. I'm thinking of doing some darker, richer looking ones as well. We'll see.





The weekend sure went fast. The sun is going down and as per usual, I've got work tomorrow. I've got a trainee and I HATE training. Especially when they're 19 years old and basically lazy. I'm stuck with him for another two weeks. I much prefer to work by myself, not to mention that we're in the Christmas season in retail and it's the busiest time of year for us. I'm expecting overtime and working weekends soon.

Sorry I didn't get the photos of my craft room up. I'll try to do it soon, I promise!

I'll keep ya posted.
Post a Comment