A Good Standard of Living




Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business
and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life
may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Buzzards Are Circling

Well, at least that's how it feels. I'm about half dead from work last night. We were assigned a most awful trailer and of course, I'm still training a most awful kid. Are 19 year olds just inherently lazy? If he worked as much as he watches the clock, longing for the next break, things would go much smoother and faster. He stands around looking completely zoned out half the time and I have to bring him back to consciousness every 2.5 seconds. Plus, he told me last night that he's already looking for another job, which makes my training him pretty much a waste of time. UHG! Not sure if I can stand it for two more weeks. That's if he stays that long. My boss and I are pretty good friends and I always tell him who I think will make it and who won't, and I'm always right. This is before he even hires them. I tell him, "Steve, that one will never make it.". I haven't been wrong yet. I thought I was gonna be wrong once when we had this little girl who thought batting her eyelashes at all the right people was the key to success. She stayed 5 months and then one night, she had an accident and refused to take the drug test. Buh bye!

Anyway, I won't bore you any further with that.

Update on Jim:

He has only two days left of this IV antibiotic business. He is so tired of it and I'm tired of him being tired of it. As far as the wound goes, it has gotten so small. As I said in another post, we're wondering if it's even worth it for him to have the flap surgery. He sees the plastics doctor on Thursday and maybe we'll know something by then.

He is feeling much better and was even able to drive himself to the mountain to spend the weekend. He wanted to get away and go to "the hill" where he feels most at peace. I worried about him going alone, of course, but I gave it to God and it worked out fine. He came home with a better disposition in tow. He was starting to get a very crappy attitude, but who could blame him? 8 months of this is quite enough.

On a final note, yesterday was the one year anniversary of my mom's passing. I can't believe it's been that long and I miss her so much.


Until next time...
Deb
Post a Comment